Thank you for joining us for the Career Connection Expo!
Final Information to ensure a quality experience….
- Registration is required for the Career Connection Expo (CCX). If you plan to attend any session but have not registered either through RITE or NOCHE, please email Vickie Mockabee, email@example.com. You will need a name badge to enter CCX sessions.
- Registration for the Career Connection Expo is separate and distinct from the Information Security SUMMIT happening Wed – Fri, October 23-25. If you are interested in attending the Information Security Summit, visit this link.
- Parking is free for Career Connection Expo and the weeklong Information Security SUMMIT. For detailed directions to the I-X Center, visit this link. Please enter the East Entrance of the I-X Center.
- Event Check-In is in the East Entrance lobby of the I-X Center. Nametags and event materials will be distributed at the Event Check-In tables.
- If you are interested in food and beverage availability during the CCX, please email Vickie Mockabee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in finding out who will be attending the event? Here’s the final registration list.
- Are you staffing an exhibit table in the Employer Showcase?
See above for Event Check-In.
All exhibit tables need to be set by 8:30AM and will be set-up until 5pm. Set-up can happen on Monday anytime up until 7pm or Tuesday between 7:15-8:30 AM. No dollies will be available for bringing in exhibit materials (signage, computers, collateral, etc.) Be prepared to carry in or bring your own transport mechanisms.
You are encouraged to join the opening session at 9am promptly which will be kicked off by Bill Blausey, SVP and CIO of Eaton.
High School students will visit the tables 9:15-noon. From 12-1:30PM you can have lunch in the main concourse cafeteria after which you can transition your table / materials as needed for the college and university students and recent graduates attending the 1:30-5:00 PM Linking Talent to Opportunity Internship and Job Fair.
Questions? Contact Dean at dtrilling@OhioRITE.com
- Make sure you are not double-booked for Career Connection Expo sessions! If you are registered for any of the events during the day, please be sure to review the final agenda to be sure you have not promised to be in two places at the same time. For example:
- If you are volunteering for any aspect of RITE’s Passport to IT Careers program, you will not be able to attend the AM breakout sessions as they run concurrent to the Passport program.
- If you are volunteering for Meet the Professionals Speed Networking in the afternoon, you will not be able to also attend NOCHE’s Innovation and Alignment in Cybersecurity Education roundtables as this session runs concurrent.
- If you are staffing the Employer Showcase or “exhibit” table at any time during the day, you will not also be able to attend other sessions as they run concurrent with the Employer Showcase.
- All students and candidates registered for Linking Talent to Opportunity in IT and Cybersecurity Internship and Job Fair are encouraged to maximize their experience at CCX by attending the afternoon breakout sessions. These include Rev Up Your Technology IQ, How to Get Future Ready, and Meet the Professionals Speed Networking. Please note that you must REGISTER for Meet the Professionals offered at 2 pm and again at 3 pm if you have not already done so. Register here for Meet the Professionals Speed Networking.
- Higher education faculty and staff are welcome to attend other Career Connection Expo session beyond the Innovations and Alignment in IT and Cybersecurity Education Roundtables. To register for any or all of the following sessions, please visit this link.
- Rev Up your Tech IQ – 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- Get the Facts on IT Demand – 10:30 am to 11:30 am
- RITE Regional IT Educators Consortium Inaugural Meeting – 4:00 to 5:00 pm
Still have questions?
Courtney DeOreo, Executive Director, RITE @ 440-281-5615; Dean Trilling, Business Engagement, RITE @ 216-533-0885; Holly Harris-Bane, President, NOCHE @ 330-676-2862; Brenda Davis-Smith, VP, NOCHE @ 216-276-2556
Engage with employers and students to spotlight and address the high demand jobs in IT and cybersecurity.
For Students & Job-Seekers
Join fellow students, recent graduates and job-seekers to explore the opportunities in IT and cybersecurity.